Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Friday, February 6, 2009

Soap Box

So I must step up onto my soap box for a moment. While watching the news today, I was aggravated by a commericial for the next Oprah. "A place where stretch marks and big butts are sexy." I am seriously concerned at what kind of message we are sending young women of today. Media is constantly telling them they must look a certain way to be sexy. Girls, I am here to tell you, men like women of all shapes and sizes. We do not need to strive to be a cookie cutter image.


During my pregnancy, I got stretchmarks. I am not ashamed. My husband did not run away in horror at the sight of red marks. He was in awe of the baby developing inside. I think of my stretchmarks as a reminder of the miracle that my body created, my son. How crazy is it that our body creates another human inside of us? Your body goes through a transformation to allow that child to develop and you stretch out to make room. There is nothing wrong with that. I like to think of it as a tradition passed down. My mom had them, my grandma had them, and I am going to bet her mom did to, and I am going to bet that if I have a daughter she will as well.


As for the big butt thing, some people naturally have larger assets even when slender. Once again, there is nothing wrong with that. God made each of us unique. If he intended for you not to have a large butt, he would of made you that way.


So I will come down with one last thing. Please help me teach the children of tommorow to live a healthy life, not a vain one.

No comments:

Post a Comment