Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Lent

So It's Ash Wednesday and the fasting part is already kicking my butt. It's not even lunch time! But worth it. My husband and I talked over dinner last night about something we could do for the lent season as a family. It's nice to have a personal sacrifice but this year I thought it would be nice to do something as a family too. BTW, my personal lent promise is to practice more patience. Not just with my family but in all aspects of my life. Even the people at the grocery store gets me all irritated lately. lol!

So as a family, we are giving up eating out. It has become too easy for us just to say, man I don't feel like cooking tonight, my husband walking over to the fast food places around work, or me swinging into Mickie D's for some happy meals when I am out running errands. Not only will this save us money but calories for sure. I know it will take some more planning on my part. I know to some of you this may seems stupid. But really, living in town makes it way to easy to just say, we just stop somewhere! I certianly hope it makes for more conversation and dinners at our family table instead of feeling crazed trying to keep two toddlers occupied while we wait or while we finish.

So what are you doing this lent?

No comments:

Post a Comment