Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Friday, February 25, 2011

Sippy Cup and Happy Thumbs

Weaning my toddler has been very challenging this go around. We are down to two feedings a day, nap and bed. But several times a day, he may just try and is handed a sippy. Not the response he wants. He is making strides toward being more accepting of the fact that mommy is not giving in. I blame myself for the process being hard because several times in the past I gave in to my childs demand and crying. It was the easy thing to do. But now, I am kinda paying for that. So daddy is on spring break in a few weeks and I am hoping to go from 2 to 1 and hopefully none by the end of March. Over break we are hoping to tackle night time waking as well.

Another big development is my oldest son stopped sucking his thumb! It's been over a month now since the last time he tried. It all happened quite by accident. Once again, my fault. I was getting him ready for bed one night and noticed that the skin was really cracked. It's winter and pretty common for it to get red and flaky. I told him I was gonna put some lotion on it so that it would help it get better. He of course asked what was wrong. I said that the skin was starting to crack and I didn't want it to get worse and bleed. WRONG thing to say. Panic hit his face. He has insisted on taking very good care of it since. I told him the only way to keep seeing it get better was to not suck it. It's unbelievable to me how much better the skin looks and the nail is actually hardening and growing. I guess I didn't relize how bad his sucking had got. I had no intention of using a scare tactic. He is always really been bothered by cuts and blood. It was totally innocent on my part. But we are riding it out. So proud of him for sticking with it. He's turning in to such a little man! (picture is of him and present we got him for not sucking for over a month)


No comments:

Post a Comment