
Now, here I am getting ready to do this all again. I can't help but think back to his birth day as I prepare for the next baby. My first labor and delivery was nothing I had ever imagined. It started out pretty simple, contractions, water breaking, dilation, epidural, and then came pushing. I pushed for three hours and the dr came to the conclusion that he was coming sunny side up (that is my term, not theirs). They gave a good ole try of the vacuum and the babies heart rate started dropping. So, into the operating room we went. A very short time after, out came a 6 lb. 4 oz. baby boy. He was immediatly taken to the Nursery/NICU for labored breathing and then kept their for 3 days due to being pre-term and needing antibiotics and to monitor his breathing. Every two to three hours, I waddled my way to the nursery to see and nurse my tiny boy. Day four, we were both sent home. Day five, my son was re-admitted to the hospital for Jaundice. Day six, I was re-admitted to the hospital for a serious post op infection. Day seven, baby was released. Day ten, I was released but still sick and on medication. The next few weeks that followed were filled with test such as MRI's, blood test, etc. and dr. visits for both me and the baby until finally all were well.

So, as you can imagine I am excited to welcome our new baby into this world but with a lot of concern of how it will all turn out. I am scheduled for a repeat C-Section in just 11 short days. I am optimistic that all will be totally routine and normal this time. I was told that as long as baby is healthy he will acompany me to recovery, stay at my bedside, and we should both be home 2-3 days post-op. So I am keeping my focus on the holiday festivities coming soon and bringing home a healthy full-term baby boy and healthy mom as well.



No comments:
Post a Comment