So baby #2 arrived November 30, 2009 at 8:48am via C-Section. 7 pounds and 13 ounces 20 inches long. He is perfect. My section went so smooth and the recovery has been great. This times was a cake walk compared to my first son. I went in at 7am, they hooked me up to iv, drew blood, filled out some paperwork and before we knew it we were off to the operating room. Once I was back there (alone, without my husband) they started my spinal block procedure. While this was going on people were preparing all the equiptment which I tired hard not to notice. It stung only for a second and then it was over. Within just a few minutes, I was lying on the table numb while the nurses "preped" my belly for the big slice! The Dr. came in and then my husband. Just a short 20 minutes or so I was staring into the eyes of a beautiful baby boy. I can remember every little detail. With my first C-section, I don't think I could of told you my name if you asked. It was all too sureal! I spent 9 months worrying for that? Ha!

I held him while the Dr. finished up and then my husband went with him to the recovery area while they cleaned up and wheeled me over. I pulled into the recovery room in awe of my husband holding and looking into the baby blue eyes I had imagined. I nursed him immediatly and then they took him for a bath and all that jazz. After about an hour, I was regaining some movement in my legs so they wheeled me to my post-partum room to be with my son and husand. I was out of the hospital in two days with no problem. One healthy baby and mommy!!

My older son was less than thrilled when we got home. He was a little unsure of the little creature (how I imagine he saw it). He even cried a little. By the next day, he was asking to hold him, he was kissing on him and even worried when he cried and we didn't jump. The transition from one child to two has been a breeze.

Christmas and New Years came and went in a blur. We had a great Christmas, a lot to be thankful for. We had the baby baptized the day after Christmas. We started potty training the week of New Years and that has gone great. He hardly ever has accidents at all and we even mastered public potties. It is crazy to imagine what 2010 hold for our family! I can't wait!



No comments:
Post a Comment