Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Monday, January 26, 2009

Adventures in Babysitting


Since I was a little girl, all I wanted was to be a mommy. So even before I conceived my son, my husband and I talked a lot about me being a stay at home mom. We knew money would be tight, we wouldn't be able to buy everything we desired or take expensive trips. We settled for a small but sufficent home and during my pregnancy, stashed away as much as would could.

A few months ago, I started thinking that there had to be a way I could bring in a little income and still give my child me at home with him. I remember as a teen being the town babysitter in the town I grew up in which, by the way, was tiny. I often babysat for families with multiple children and loved it. After our family home was devasted by a flood this past summer, my husband and I quickly learned our faith in God was tested and strengthed all in one quick moment. We would discuss a need and somehow, the money or people appeared. Once again, an opportunity dropped into my lap, not my accident but by God's grace. A couple we knew were preparing for their first child and looking for a babysitter.

My adventure as a babysitter of one small infant and the mother of my son began a few weeks ago and is going great. I have the trust of this family to help them raise a child as well as still being able to raise mine and help our family with the bills. There is nothing more amazing than watching a child grow and learn. My son has responded so positively to this experience. He looks for the baby in the mornings. He attempts to share his toys with him (only being 8 weeks, he is not interested) He is so gentle with him and loves to give him hugs. He is very generous with sharing lap time with his mommy. I have never felt so blessed.

No comments:

Post a Comment