Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Thursday, January 29, 2009

Snow


This week we got snow, ice, then snow again. I didn't really bother me because I am a stay at home mommy. I remember when I had a 9-5 job pre-baby and I would have to leave the safety of my home to risk my life to go to work. I can say, I don't miss that.


When it snows, something inside me turns 8 again. I bundled up my son and myself and out we went. My husband even pulled together a homemade sled. We had so much fun. As I looked around our neighborhood, I noticed we were the only kids out playing. Why is that? As kids, we stayed out and made snowman, snowballs, snowhuts, forts, and sled until we couldn't feel an inch of our body.


I forget when I was 8, there were no computers, video games, cell phones, etc. Kids just don't play outside like they used to. Today's youth are getting bigger and lazier. Help me fight this trend. Go outside and play with your children. The only way they learn about an active lifestyle is if we model it. We are our childrens biggest influence.

No comments:

Post a Comment