I love garage sales and consignment shopping. I hardly ever go into a store and buy clothes for my son. I spent several saturdays as a pregnant woman, rummaging thru rummage sales to find the best deals on baby items. There is also Ebay of course if you don't mind paying shipping and not being able to examine the items. Also, family and friends pass down clothes! I can't imagine it another way. I can't imagine how much people spend on books, cd's, videos, toys, bedding, decor, furniture, clothes, shoes, maternity clothes, and more if they buy all new.
Today, I went to a childrens resale event that is held by a local mother's group. I got there early because that is when you get the best deals. I was able to restrain from impluse toy buying considering Christmas was a toy feast thanks to Grandparents and went straight to the clothes. For a small amount of $16 bucks, I got 4 shirt/short combo's, four shirts, three pairs of shorts, one pair of light weight pants, and two sets of pj's.(I am starting the summer collection) All the items looks as if they were hardly worn, a few still have tags. I am excited!
I eagerly wait for there next event in April and for spring/summer garage sale season. That is my Superbowl or however you choose to look at it. My son will never know that he wore someone else's clothes for three weeks or so until he grew out of it. In fact, he has way nicer clothes than me or than he would if I had to buy them full price. Now I will say there are some things to not go cheap or second hand on, or example, a car seat. But I think with the way our economy is going, people need to wise up and follow. But if not, I will reap the benefits of their loss. Sorry!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment