Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Friday, January 23, 2009

My Big Boy



It seems everyday my son is saying a new word, doing a new action, or learning a new task. He is no longer a baby, he is my big boy. I have to admit, I miss the baby boy. But him growing is bittersweet to me because you only have your first child once and in the blink of any eye, he is a walking and talking machine that would rather walk and play than cuddle.
I started a list when he was 12 months of everything he could say or do and add each new thing and at what age he did it. I plan on taking sticking it on one or many of the pages in his baby book. The silly book I have goes to the age of 3 but has no spot for those really important things to a mommy. Like the first time he called you mommy or hugged you for real or a kiss!!!!
Some of my favorite words he says are mommy(of course), fish, turtle, good girl (we say this a lot to the puppy), green, purple, and bucket(as in basketball). We counted the words we can understand and he says about 26. Of course most of them are simple like ball, baby, dada, bite, no, bye bye, nite nite, book, etc. I love it when he acts out animal sounds his newest being a cow. I love it when he follows behind me imitating me with a dishcloth as I dust or clean. I love it when my husband comes home and he RUNS in glee to the door to be the first to great him. I love it when he hears any music and gets his groove on. I love it when I sing The Wheels on the Bus and he acts it out with me.



So I really love it all, even the times when he is tired and a little cranky. I am taking it all in because I know it won't be long before the only words he will mutter to me is yes and no as he leaves to school or his room or where ever teenagers go these days.

No comments:

Post a Comment